At South Downs Primary School R – 7 and Disability Unit, we believe that quality teaching and learning is essential to all students reaching their full potential and experiencing success. With this in mind, we have developed our Site Improvement Plan and provide a social environment that nurtures and challenges each child and encourages them to reach their full potential. Our School values, Be Kind, Be Safe and Be a Learner are a powerful message for all.
The core learning at South Downs Primary School aims to:
- provide all children with a broad and balanced curriculum, with particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy, within a supportive learning environment
- provide quality pedagogies that develop social and emotional capacity
- promote home / school partnerships to achieve improved learning outcomes
- provide assessment and reporting practices that inform teaching and learning and also focus on sharing and celebrating every child’s development with families
- ensure quality teaching through comprehensive planning, programming and review
- challenge staff to continuously improve through a variety of professional development activities
- encouraging students to take on leadership roles within the school.
South Downs Primary School has a commitment to provide individual and small group programmes to support every student.
We look forward to working with you to provide the best possible educational experience for your child.
Governing Council's Welcome
South Downs is very proud of the enormous amount of volunteer work done by the family community. The students really love seeing their families involved in any aspect of the daily school life. This can take on many forms, from a formal commitment like Governing Council to helping in the classrooms, library and after school activities. Please feel free to join us at Governing Council meeting to observe, or participate in, discussions. We meet three times a term and everyone is welcome. If you have any questions please feel free to come and have a chat.